All-Purpose Dish Washing Soap
Kirk's remedies and recipes are suggestions provided by customers like you and are in no way guaranteed to work for all.
- 1-4 oz Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap or Fragrance Free Bar Soap
- 1 Tablespoons of Washing Soda
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Gallon Water
- Grate the bar of Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap or Fragrance Free Bar Soap.
- Add 1/2 gallon water and soap flakes to a large pot on the stove top.
- Stir over medium heat until the soap completely dissolves.
- Do not allow liquid to boil.
- Add Washing Soda and stir until dissolved (approximately 1 minute).
- Combine all remaining ingredients and warm concentrated dishwashing liquid into a large storage container using a funnel.
- Cap container and shake gently to mix.
- Allow dish soap to cure for about a day before using.
- (If your soap turns into a gelatinous goo after curing, try mixing with a stick blender until a creamy consistency is achieved.)
- Shake gently before each use.
- If soap is leaving residue on dishes, try adding more vinegar to the formula or using less soap when washing dishes.
- This soap can be used as an all-purpose cleaner in the kitchen!